Ita Bag Care Guide
Ita Bag Care Guide
General Care Instructions:
Do not machine wash or submerge. Please hand-wash and spot clean only!
A paper towel with alcohol can be used on the window. Beware not to use acetone or other corrosive cleaners, as this may damage the bag.
Watered down dish detergent solution may be used with a gentle cleaning cloth on exterior surfaces.
We recommend storing the bag sitting up on its feet (if applicable) in a cool, dry place away from sunlight and heat. Don't leave it on your car dashboard, it gets hot there.
The bag can also be stored by hanging it from straps/handles, but please note that this will cause wear on the bag over time, especially when heavily loaded.
Below are some common issues that may be noted upon receipt of your ita bag -- we all want our bags in tip-top shape, so here's how to make your bag closer to perfect:
|My kawaii bag is stimky like fishies! Oh no!||
This odor occurs due to a combo of things. One being dessicant packets (silica gel) that absorb moisture (and stimky smells) before they come to you. Not to mention, these bags have been places and seen things... like factories and boats and warehouses and trucks and Kittynaut's house (pls don't judge me).
How to Fix Bag BO:
- Open up the bag (all pockets/faces) and place in a well ventilated area (maybe outside where it's sheltered from direct sun/rain). Allow to rest for up to 48 hours
- Place dryer sheets inside pockets
- Odor absorbers like febreeze can help too
|Bag is wrinkly or deformed in places||
The process of manufacturing, storage, and shipment of bags may have left them in uncomfortable situations leading to creases and wrinkles.
The bags are made of vegan leather (PU).
- Wrinkles on the vegan leather or clear window can be relaxed by carefully applying heat from a hair dryer. This may take time, so have patience. Be careful not to burn the bag or yourself.
- Be careful not to apply too much heat as this can damage the bag.
- NEVER place the bag in the dryer. It will definitely not turn out well for the bag or the dryer due to all of the metal parts.
|Bag is dirty in places or has stains||
Do not use abbrasive (scratchy) cleaners or sponges on the bag nor the window! This can lead to tiny scratches in the surface that can make windows look cloudy and colors get dull or damaged.
|Hardware is stiff or sticky or squeaky||
Silicone lubricant (e.g. WD-40) is a quick and easy way to resolve issues with stiff hardware.
Apply the lubricant at joints and parts that are mated together (the squeaky source). Remove excess lubricant with a clean cloth.